perjantai 12. maaliskuuta 2010

Oh CRAP!!!!

Due to the looming tenant's meeting, I had to clean up my mess in our common room. (The place where I do my dirty work). I was transporting our protonpacks to my home, and...

...The shoulder strap on Nixu's pack came loose, and the pack was sent flying towads my own pack!!! I snapped the Ion Arm right of, and shattered the Booster Tube... This stinks!!


I managed to find most of the shards, and super glued them back. I now need to get the milliput rolling, as I will not replace this part. Well, some putty, filing and paint, and the damage should be repairable. Lucky for me that none of the resin greeblies that were attached to the Ion Arm were damaged. As for the damages on Nixu's pack, they were nil.. Only the paint was scratched...

...Well...

I did spot that my Ion Arm was not painted fully, after it had come lose. And, I might a well strenghten the join between the Ion Arm and the rest of the pack. As for the seam... I need not sand it smooth again, there WERE weld lines there, after all...

All in all, I find that this is most instructive. We need to sew the shoulder straps securely on the place where they are connected to the ALICE frame. This will not impede their usage, but will prevent this from happening in the future..

Ei kommentteja: