keskiviikko 29. lokakuuta 2008

Ghost Traps 4

Here are the handle and the side greeblies for the RGB trap.

The trap prepared for another coat of paint..

And then with black undercoat.

The electric sockets are not painted yet, I did not want to mess the grounding copper wires on there, and could not take them of for painting. I need to paint them by brush.
If you wonder, the metal ruler in the pic is 25mm wide. To give some scale.

And here are the happy three, all painted black, waiting for some tender loving care. Hope I can get on these soon.

Ghost Traps 3

Here is a closeup on the third trap. This will be made into a RGP stylish, I haven't found many photo's that would give definitive description of this trap. The toy, plans, and the cartoon versions differ from each other. So, I am making somewhat mixed version.

This is my spray booth, or rather WAS. It used to be a grill shelter, on top of which some kids pulled green tarps over. It was dismantled few weeks ago, making my spray painting a tad difficult..

But, I still got to paint something before the shelter was destroyed. Here are all three traps, primered on black and grey.

Here is the newest addition to my trap family, the RGB trap The handle and the door are still unpainted in this photo.

And here are the trap doors open. As I said about my studies, I planned to make this third trap into a extension cord with four electrical outlets under the doors. The electricity can be cut of from a switch under the handle (the black thing) . There is over thirteen meters of cable on this thing, more than was on the movie traps, but I thought that in use, this is an advantage. Still, we are dealing with heavy voltages, I would not suggest this for anyone who does not know what they are doing. This trap is safe. Well, as safe as any grounded extension cords can be..

Ghost Traps 2

Ok. As Lörö got me doing these updates, let's get on with them. Here are my two hero type traps. One will be GB 1 style, while the other will be GB 2.

All primered in gray..

And then sanded, waiting for another coat of paint. On the left (err... RIGHT...) there is a third trap I am making. As I am studying to be a electrician, I thought of making a third trap..

But, here is one of the movie traps.
And here both of them. They are turning out to be quite nice. Still LOT to do...

Full Body cast.

Hmm, yet again, no updates for a while. This time, thanks for these go to Lörö.. I have, as you can see, nearly finished my body cast. I still have some work to do, fixing a lock-up mechanism to the head so that it won't fall of every now and then. And the hands need to be done as well.
This cast will be of great help to me in the process of building and displaying my costumes.

As you can see, the cast is painted blue, then laquered with resin to seal the surface. The reason for the blue skin is threefold. First, the blue can be, if neccessary, removed via photoshop if necessary, two, I like Smurfs, and three, I am planning a Rogue Trooper costume as well.

As you can see, I made the head removable, inorder to take it of for work on face masks. I still need to fix tha locking mechanism on the neck, so that the head stays put when in place. The cast is made from fiberglass, so it is strurdy, yet not heavy. I have a rotating service tablet from Ikea which will be used as turnable base for this mannequin. The base is not yet painted, so it is not in use. I guess I'll have busy weekend coming...