torstai 28. helmikuuta 2008

Full Metal Fett 1

This project stepped into my mind years ago, as the special edition Star Wars movies premiered. It was the very first time I got to see A New Hope on the big screen, as I was three when the original premiered in the US. Although I do not approve the addition of the Boba Fett character as mere henchman to Jabba the Hutt, it still provided a chance to make a Fett costume that is 501st approved, but a mix of Empire Strikes Back and the Return of the Jedi. I like the helmet in ESB, and the Blaster rifle from the RotJ. (which reminds me to take photos for you of it, I made one few years ago..) As for the decision to make tha armor parts from metal was simply as I had access to free metal sheets, and the form of the back armor was a pain to get from plastic, I tried it, and failed. Still, making this from metal is going to be a challenge of it's own, and I'll have to see what I can archieve.

Here are the collar and the cod piece, which I cut out today, hand hammered seven shades of **** out of them. The back armor and the abdomen piece are cut previously, but the back received some treatment today.

This pic gives me hope of completing something decent out of this one. The boys and girls of Dented Helmet forum have made some spectacular examples, of which I hardly can hope to archieve... Still, I'll give it a shot.

Here is the cod piece, cut from one piece. It still needs heavy hammering, this photo actually hides most of the deformations still present.

This is the backside of the collar armor. I cut a bit wider pieces, and folded the edges to get somewhat smoother edges, and giving the armor a bit thicker appearance. I plan to put some velcro between the folded edges on the chest armor pieces to keep them secured in the vest.

Ei kommentteja: