keskiviikko 29. lokakuuta 2008

Full Body cast.

Hmm, yet again, no updates for a while. This time, thanks for these go to Lörö.. I have, as you can see, nearly finished my body cast. I still have some work to do, fixing a lock-up mechanism to the head so that it won't fall of every now and then. And the hands need to be done as well.
This cast will be of great help to me in the process of building and displaying my costumes.

As you can see, the cast is painted blue, then laquered with resin to seal the surface. The reason for the blue skin is threefold. First, the blue can be, if neccessary, removed via photoshop if necessary, two, I like Smurfs, and three, I am planning a Rogue Trooper costume as well.

As you can see, I made the head removable, inorder to take it of for work on face masks. I still need to fix tha locking mechanism on the neck, so that the head stays put when in place. The cast is made from fiberglass, so it is strurdy, yet not heavy. I have a rotating service tablet from Ikea which will be used as turnable base for this mannequin. The base is not yet painted, so it is not in use. I guess I'll have busy weekend coming...

Ei kommentteja: