Ok, time for a major update.. I noticed that I've forgotten to update some works that I've done in the past month..
I got an aluminum plate, that was just enough to fit all metal plates on the traps, and drew the parts on them and cut them out.
Then I began to see it they fit, and sand file the edges smooth. The front plates on the trap cartridges needed A LOT of filing to fit in..
Whereas the side plates went on rather smoothly.
And before long, I had all of the bits laid out, ready for nuts and bolts.
Which were a chore in itself. I had no access to proper sized bolts, and ell seem to be one size larger. Still, this is not apparent without another properly bolted trap, so I'm content on these.
As i got the plates done, I laid them next to the traps to see how they look. Judge them by yourself.. I like them.
I then went on to work on the boyz packs..
This is mine, though. I checked it, anf the cyclotron needed some smoothing..
Which was applied and sanded..
Again and again..
I then got the urge to jump on the traps again. I bolted the plates to the trap cartridges.
And cut out the battery compartment. The opening will be covered with aluminum plates later on.
I scored proper sized aluminum tube from a hardware store, and used pop rivets to attach it to the side plates. My dremel was very hot after this work..
I then noticed that something was absent on my cartridges. the top openings beneath the doors..
Well, of to work again..
After cutting and glue, filler took it's proper place..
I then went to work on the vector plates. The base is aluminum, but the bits are styrene. I could not find proper aluminum bits, so I decided to paint it later on..
The grooves where the bolts go were from a hollow square tubing, so I needed to cut them open.
I then started to attach the dials on the plates. They are Nick-a-tron's work again, thanks Nick!
I also glued the gold resistor on the painted vector plates.
And after sanding the cartridges I painted them black.
I tehn pulled out an old acrylic/silicon tube, and used it to glue the side plates on. They are also connected with bolts, so this was secondary attachment method, just to be sure.
Then off to the grips again. I drilled pilot holes for the screws in them, and then some larger ones to sing the screws in.
I then screwed the handles on the guns. Now they are REALLY looking business!!
Hmm, now what is this? I found a heat sink that is close to the original, from my trusty electronics store.
It has one finn too many.. And is slightly lower than the original. Still this will do..
I then screwed these on. They are not glued, as I still need to get inside the gunbox. I need to open most of the screws, if not all, in order to do this..
I filled the screw holes on the trigger boxes and sanded them smooth..
And then attached the heat sinks to a vice, and began cutting the fins lower.
And after a while, and much noise, I had three lowered and shortened heat sinks, just waiting for a file..
After filing the sinks and sanding them smooth, I checked them on the gun sides.. Looks good.
They were then screwed on..
And primered... They look good do they not?
The traps, on the other hand, look like they are almost finished after the side plates are attached.
As you can see..
This is the cabinet I am using to store the packs and traps. One self fits one pack and a trap..
And packs in store, I then went on to work on the traps again. I taped the doors and marked and cut out the yellow stripes.
I then glued on the side plates. This is RGB styled trap, and the side plates are custom made..
I found out that there are no single set of plans for these, so I stuck on somewhere on the middle.
The trap doors painted yellow.
And the same tape/marking was done on the movie trap doors as well.
And here they are,juuust before painting..
This is how nice the RGB trap door look like..
While the doors were drying, I went on to work on the bumpers..
An at this point, Veka is working on his own pack. It looks great.
And here Veka is, enjoying work..
Trap doors again, this time they are all dry enough to get the tape off. I was a bit hasty in painting the doors with the yellow. The first coat had not dried well enough before the second, and there were slight warpage on the dry paint. Still, it is hardly noticeable.
The pens were glued on..
I also laid out the trap pedal, to see if I could get some work done on it too. But, alas I did not..
Here is Veka's cyclotron, it needed more filler to smooth out.
But it came out well. Now some VERY light sanding, and this is done.
Here Veka is working on the upper parts of the pack.
The RGB trap with doors..
And it the inside, there is a surprise. This trap is a fully functional extension cord. There are four grounded electric sockets inside, and a switch to cut the power on/off. I still need to make stickers to this baby. There is a little more than ten feet of cord on this trap, thirteen meters to be exact! Although I know that it is four times more than normal, this trap was meant to be functional, and in use on other projects. Therefore I opted for enough cord.
Here are all three traps, just waiting for stickers, and coupling on the movie traps, as well as some weathering.. Nice work, even if I say so myself..